Q: 2002 vw jetta. Had a grinding noise rear back tire. Now when trying to reverse the back end highers but won't move

asked by on March 14, 2018

Have had a grinding noise coming from rear back right tire for past week. I parked my car and when I went to drive it again I put it into reverse and it won't move but the back end highers as I press on the gas.

You may have been running brakes metal to metal and now that it has worn into the brake pad metal backing it may have come out of the bracket and binds up the brakes. You will need to raise car and remove the wheel to have brakes checked to see if you need brake repairs and what all is damaged.