Q: Car shifts late and seems to get no fuel at times. Is my transmission bad?

asked by on November 06, 2016

When driving, my car shifts late, and it seems at times that when I press the gas it gets none. Car will stall at times as well

Hi there. Does not sound like the transmission, but more of a fuel pump issue. Check the fuel pressure on the engine to see if you are getting 35 psi or more. If the fuel pressure is less than 35 psi, then check to see if your vehicle has an inline fuel filter. If there is an inline fuel filter, then the filter needs replaced. If you have replaced the filter or if there is no inline filter, then check the fuel pump for power and see if the pump is coming on when the engine is running. If the pump is not coming on and there is power to the pump, then the pump needs replaced. If there is no power to the pump, then check the fuel pump relay and make sure that it is working. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with a no fuel issue and the transmission shifting problem.