Q: car will crank but won't turn over

okay. my 96 buick park ave was driving fine, then it wouldn't start. it will crank but won't turn over. I changed the fuel filter, and it ran okay for about 15 minutes. now it won't start again. what could this be?

A: Listen for the fuel pump to come on for 2 s...

Listen for the fuel pump to come on for 2 seconds when you turn the key on. You may have to listen back by the fuel tank.

Check for coolant level to be low. You may have a cracked upper intake manifold allowing coolant to leak into the cylinders.

If spark plugs are removed after trying to start it, they may be wet with coolant. More testing would be required to pinpoint the source of the problem. If you need assistance with these checks, feel free to contact a certified technician who can diagnose your starting problem and make the necessary repairs to get your car running again.