Q: There is a hole directly below the heater core hoses on the firewall of the engine compartment that is dripping coolant

asked by on August 18, 2016

It is a small leak just slowly dripping but over time I am sure will leak coolant. Is this a sign of something significant? Is this a safety device to stop coolant from dripping on the interior carpet?

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This is the A/C heater evaporator case drain. If you see coolant leaking from it then you have a blown out heater core inside the evaporator case. If you do not get it fixed soon the engine will run out of coolant and overheat. If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your coolant leak firsthand and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.