Q: ECM might need to be reprogrammed.

Car displays Start Disabled and car won't start. I think the ECM might need to be reset or reprogrammed.

The message "start disabled" is telling me that the car is not allowing the car to start due to a security system fault. There are 2 likely causes for your issue. The first is a faulty transponder in your key. Basically, this is just a chip inside your key that the vehicle reads to confirm that someone is using the appropriate key, instead of a screwdriver to turn the ignition and start the car. The next issue is that the module in your car that reads the transponder chip in your key has failed. I would enlist the help of a qualified technician to check out the security system of your car and diagnose exactly what is causing your concern.

3. ECM might need to be reprogrammed.