Q: Why is my transmission overheating?

The automatic transmission in my 2012 Jeep Patriot is always overheating. I didn’t know that could even be a real problem! But there’s a special warning for that and everything. How bad is this issue? Like I said, I have never had it before. What causes this? Truck has 28,000 miles on it so I doubt I screwed it up!

A: This answer has to be short and to the poin...

This answer has to be short and to the point. Your vehicle should be covered by your standard 3yrs/36,000 mile warranty. Before doing anything else you need to take it to your dealer and have them address the issue. This has been an issue in the past with an upgrade download used to correct the problem. Perhaps it also applies to your vehicle as well.