Q: I was driving and the light on the dash board become dime and the engine was on. The car refused to start. Only clicking sound

The light on the dash board became dim this morning when I was driving . on pulling out to know what is the problem, I put my pointer on and the engine stopped after 10 seconds. When I wanted to restart the car again it refused, I was only hearing a clicking sound. Please I want to know the possible cause of it. My ac and radio was on before it happen. I used a support ing battery to start it. But am still confused how my battery got drained off. Please help me on what to diagnise.

A: The battery will not get recharged after ju...

The battery will not get recharged after jump starting with another battery if the alternator is not working to recharge it. You should have the battery recharged and charging system diagnosed to see if the alternator needs to be replaced. The most likely cause is the alternator but only a test of the charging system will confirm it. If you need a professional technician to inspect your battery and charging system, I would recommend one from YourMechanic.