Q: Q: What is a throttle body filter

My "Check Engine Light" came on and the codes indicated were: P01101-air flow | P 0068 throttle body filter | P0171 fuel trim lean bank#1 | P0174 fuel trim lean bank#2. So I replaced the air and gas filters. The car runs good and eventually the check engine came back on. So what is a throttle body filter. Where is it located and If its changed will that resolve the problem.

Code P0068 can have to do with the Throttle Position Sensor. It can also be due to a Mass Air Flow sensor fault. Usually this code can be set due to a vacuum leak, either somewhere in the air intake system or intake manifold itself. The P1101 kind of confirms that. Meaning it could be a faulty Mass Air Flow sensor or vacuum leak. Sometimes cleaning the mass air flow sensor helps but more often than not, it requires replacement. You would also want to check the system for vacuum leaks first as not to replace parts without confirming they’re faulty. If you suspect this is not the case, and in fact you do need to [replace your Mass Air Flow sensor, a certified technician from YourMechanic can do this for you at your convenience.

3. Q: What is a throttle body filter