Q: Why did my car come with multiple keys?

asked by on December 15, 2015

Why did my car come with multiple keys?

Your car should have at least two keys, but possibly three. These are:

• Up to Two Master Keys: These keys can unlock the driver’s door, passenger door, trunk, glove box and rear seat trunk door. They also contain the remote used to unlock and lock the doors from outside the car.

• The Valet Key: The valet key is left with the valet parking attendant. It’s only able to operate the ignition and unlock the driver side door. It cannot unlock the trunk, or any other area of the car.

You should also have received a “key number tag” with your car. You’ll need this if you ever have to replace a key, so don’t lose it.