No acceleration town & country 2010 v6-3.8l chrysler acce...

Q: No acceleration

asked by on February 08, 2016

After jumpstarting my car, I can't accelerate.

If this started happening right after being jumped then there may be an electrical problem. If the battery cables were hooked up backwards at any point then it may have blown a fuse. A mechanic would usually start by checking the fuses. They would then use a computer scan tool to see if there are any codes for the problem. Most of the time either a fuse blows or it may be a coincidence and there is a failure in the air flow sensor or a catalytic converter failure, but these are not as likely.