Q: Been hearing a knocking noise when i hit the breakes and this morning it wont start

So i was told that i have a bad engine mount and i changed two of them. The Vibration went down but i still could hear a knocking noise from the right side of the car. This morning i tried starting it and it cranked but wouldnt start

The first thing to check is to see if the anti-theft light is on when you are trying to crank the car. If it is, then try and have someone give you a jump start to raise the battery voltage when cranking the engine. If the vehicle starts, then replace the battery. When the battery gets a little bit low on power, the vehicle may seem to crank okay, but the voltage will drop below the anti-theft system’s needed minimum and disable the ignition.

As far as the knocking noise, I would check with the local dealer to see if your vehicle is under a recall for the front suspension. The knocking may be from the strut mounts on top of the struts. If you’d like help getting this looked at in person, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the starting issue and knocking noise.

• Been hearing a knocking noise when i hit the breakes and this morning it wont start