Q: Camaro iroc z sat for 17 years... Won't start

asked by on August 17, 2016

Been sitting for 17 years. It worked perfectly before it was parked, now it will turn over but won't start. No broken wires.

Distributor Rotor and Cap Replacement $105.44 - $315.30 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The fuel in the tank is bad from sitting so long. The entire fuel system may need to be flushed and the carburetor rebuilt. This means that the fuel tank should be removed and cleaned. The fuel pump should also be replaced, along with the filter. Once this is done then all you have to do is check for spark and also replace cap and rotor as it may fix this. If you’d like some help with these checks and replacements, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the starting issue firsthand. From there you’ll know exactly which parts need repairs to get your Camaro going again. Best of luck.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr