Q: Check engine flashing and loss of power - 2009 Chevy Equinox

We randomly get check engine light flashing when start car and out of park. Turn off car wait a minute or so and it goes away. Started to lose some power also when uphill.

Hello. A flashing Check Engine Light is a warning that an urgent issue has occurred. A flashing Check Engine Light signifies that the computer has detected a failure that may potentially cause damage to the vehicle’s emission system. Continuing to drive the vehicle with a flashing check engine light may result in damage to emissions components, such as sensors or the catalytic converters. I would recommend scanning the vehicle for trouble codes to see if they may shed some light on what the issue may be, and if possible, refrain from driving the vehicle until the issue is sorted. If you need help having this looked at, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose the Check Engine Light and loss of power in order to have this correctly addressed.

3. Check engine flashing and loss of power - 2009 Chevy Equinox