Q: heard a snap while pushing on the gas pedal

While turning on the ignition a loud sound while I was not stepping on the gas pedal

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

It’s hard to provide a clear answer with the limited information given. I can say however, that when there is a loud noise when trying to start the car, it’s very possible that the starter is damaged or is noise, and needs to be replaced. It could also be a damaged flywheel or flex plate that the starter turns in order to start the engine. The best thing you can do is have the noise diagnosed by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. heard a snap while pushing on the gas pedal