Q: I have 97 nissan altima, It stalls when I stop at stop lights and idle, the RPM vibrates and falls down and the lights come on, it

I have 97 Nissan Altima, It stalls when I stop at stop lights and idle, the RPM vibrates and falls down and the lights come on, It does not stall if I press the gas pedal while idling, and keep the other foot on the brakes. It does not happen all the time, it happens randomly. Last couple of times, I had to hold the gas pedal half way down, then start the ignition and it started.

Sometimes while driving it also feels like it is losing power and I have to press the gas pedal harder.

Otherwise it runs smooth, Check engine light is not on..

What could be the problem, any help is appreciated

Hi there. Usually when you have a problem like this, it is caused by fuel system components that are clogged with excessive carbon build-up or deposits. This creates a restriction in the efficient flow of fuel and can cause the vehicle to stall. It’s also possible that emissions system components like EGR valve, mass air flow sensors or O2 sensors are faulty. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car starts the dies inspection, so they can pinpoint the source of your issues and recommend the right repairs.

3. I have 97 nissan altima, It stalls when I stop at stop lights and idle, the RPM vibrates and falls down and the lights come on, it