Q: My car rpm is going up and down and my speed meter is too. i have an Chevrolet 2012 cruze. what could it be?

my car rmp is going up and down and my speed meter foes up and down too. My car jerks like its trying to change gear but having a hard time.. i have an Chevrolet 2012 cruze. what could it be?

What you are describing sounds like a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. This sensor relays vital information to the ECM which uses this to make adjustments to fuel supply to the motor. A dirty or faulty sensor can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. Additionally, as a result, this may also cause problems with shifting properly due to the inconsistent signals sent to the transmission control module as a result of the erratic engine RPM’s. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My car rpm is going up and down and my speed meter is too. i have an Chevrolet 2012 cruze. what could it be?