Q: Hi - I have the 2014 wildtrak. The powertrain light came on Friday after about 30 minutes of driving no more than 65km. It came of

The powertrain light comes on after 30 minutes of driving. No loads.

The powertrain warning light is intended to alert you to a malfunction in engine controls, the transmission or traction control/ABS. If the problem resolves itself the warning light may turn off. For example, if you have a heavy load, perhaps towing a trailer, and are going up a hill, and the transmission is starting to overheat to avoid damage the powertrain warning light is illuminated to warn you to take steps like reduce speed to avoid overheating the transmission. Your most efficient option to resolve this is to request a warning light diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would retrieve all the diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM that have caused the powertrain warning light to illuminate. Using those codes, the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hi - I have the 2014 wildtrak. The powertrain light came on Friday after about 30 minutes of driving no more than 65km. It came of