Q: My trunk door is extremely heavy and will no longer stay suspended up in the air as it used to. What do I need to fix?

the trunk door wont stay open. It is extremely heavy and has to be held open. It no longer suspends in the air.

Your rear door is supported by two gas charged suspension struts one on each side that will loose their pressure over time. The two struts normally support and help lift the door for you then hold it open until you are ready to close it. In order to replace the struts you will need to have the door supported or held up while the trunk struts are replaced.

3. My trunk door is extremely heavy and will no longer stay suspended up in the air as it used to. What do I need to fix?