Q: My car jerks when i put it on R/D and also there is a 2 seconds delay when i put it on reverse ( gear takes 2 seconds to engage )

When i reverse there is a delay, the gear takes 2 seconds to engage. Also lately the car is often jerking when i put it on R/D. But while driving the car is shifting gears normally and smoothly.

The transmission has electronic controls as does the engine. It’s possible there is an electronic issue. A faulty transmission control module can give symptoms like you are experiencing. The brake light switch can also cause issues. On modern cars, the brake light switch also performs as a sensor for various systems like the ignition and anti-lock brake / stability control systems. Even if the check engine light is not on, there may be fault codes stored in the system. A certified technician can inspect the vehicle for shifting issues by scanning the system for faults. Fault codes will give the technician a direction to take in finding and repairing the exact cause.

3. My car jerks when i put it on R/D and also there is a 2 seconds delay when i put it on reverse ( gear takes 2 seconds to engage )