Q: Stabilizer bar links/bushings

asked by on August 18, 2017

Are toe links and stabilizer links the same thing?

No they are not the same thing. Toe links are also called tie rods.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr

How do you use the four-wheel drive system?

If your car is so equipped (optional), the four-wheel drive system offers intelligent operation and limits the input you need to provide to activate and operate it. If you’ve never driven a vehicle with an intelligent four-wheel drive system, here’s...

Powertrain warning lamp

In this case you will need to have the computer scanned to retrieve the codes that are stored. The codes will indicate the exact problem areas. Have the trouble codes and warning light diagnosed by a certified technician, such as...

Car shut off when oil light came on, won't restart. What could it be?

Hello, What you are describing may be related to a safety switch that automatically causes the ECM to shut down the ignition to the engine when the oil pressure sensor reaches a certain level. This is the computer's way of...

Steering stopped working while I was driving

A recall on Ford Escapes came out in 2014 related to this issue. The torque sensor on the steering column is the likely cause of failure as this has been the case for many other Escape owners. Unfortunately to replace...

Parking brake stuck on Ford E350.

That is possible. Depending on the brake options you have on the Econoline you either have a 3 cable assembly that runs to the rear brake drums or, if you have a 4 wheel anti-lock brake system, you may have...

Finding hidden kill switches

If the vehicle will not start, an unknown aftermarket "kill switch" that is active, would be found in the course of a no start diagnostic. On the other hand, if a remotely operated device exists, but it is not presently...

who can replace key via VIN# in order to replace old with new ignition cylinder and bypass drilling

I would check with Ford dealers (try a couple different ones) to see if they can work from the VIN number. If the dealers claim they can't you might ask for the regional customer service number and see if anything...

When slowing down to 30 mph, van starts to vibrate

A few different faults can cause a vibration while braking. The most common would be a warped brake disc, faulty brake pads, or the brake calipers. Excessive vibration when braking is not a normal operation of the vehicle and should...

My alternator was just replaced. Now it's whining and locking on me! Why?

Check the transmission output shaft housing and make sure that it is not cracked or damaged. The vehicle speed sensor is located in the output shaft housing and controls the speedometer. If the housing is binding with the output shaft,...