Q: Check Engine Light stays on - 2006 Jeep Liberty

I took my car to a machanic .said it needed the purge solenoid replaced.$110.00 spent. Light came back on "same day" took the car back, gas cap needed to be replaced. It was replaced twice, he got the wrong type the first time. Light still comes on, now he's saying the canister needs replacing.$250.00 should I just go to another mechanic? Ps car dives good no issues just the check engine light.

Hello there, many faults can lead to the replacement of the purge solenoid on your 2006 Jeep Liberty. Without knowing the code stored in the computer I can only offer general advice. From your description it sounds like your vehicle has an EVAP system leak. This can be caused by many faults such as the purge solenoid, gas cap, charcoal canister, fuel tank seals, or various EVAP lines.

To avoid any unnecessary, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to further diagnose your Check Engine Light and service your EVAP leak if necessary.