Q: Low coolant level light on, low oil light on

asked by on August 16, 2016

I'm not driving my car very often. It would sometimes sit for a few weeks and I would drive it around for a while so as to check how the engine is working and if there are any issue with it. After it sat for about two weeks or so, I started it and saw the dashboard warnings came on. These were the low coolant level warning and low oil warning light. I immediately checked under the car and there were no stains anywhere. I couldn't see any leaks at all and there were no burnt smells either. I filled the car with coolant the last time I drove it. I'm not sure what's going on. Do you have any idea?

Hello. Several owners of the BMW 750i have complained of this issue. The usual fix required is a PCM reflash. The PCM flash will have to be done by BMW but it is the most likely cause and most common fix for this issue. If you would like to have this verified, you may consider having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to diagnose the coolant and oil light to see if there is a different problem.