Q: My car revving up like its in neutral but its in drive and it is hard to gain speed.

When I step on the gas my car revs up like it's in neutral and takes off very slowly like it can't gain speed. Once I get up to speed it shifts down and is fine. It's just getting going

The symptoms you have are typical of a transmission problem. It sounds like your transmission may be slipping and this can happen due to worn internals or too low a fluid level from a leak. The transmission fluid level and condition should be checked first and if the fluid is full, but is very dark and smell burned, there may be an internal problem. If the fluid level is low, fix the leak. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer inspection of the vehicle to offer a more personal diagnosis of your driveability concerns.

3. My car revving up like its in neutral but its in drive and it is hard to gain speed.