Q: Can I use the electrical power outlets when my car is not running?

Can I use the electrical power outlets when my car is not running?

Your vehicle has two kinds of electrical outlets.

1. If the electrical outlet cap has a picture of a battery on it, then the outlet can be used at all times, presuming there is enough life in the battery to power it.

2. If the electrical outlet cap has a picture of a key on it, then the outlet will only work when the ignition is in the ACC, ON/RUN, or START positions.

Tip

Using the electrical outlets when the vehicle is not turned on will drain the battery. Be careful of how much you use these outlets at once, or the battery may die.