Q: My car keeps jerking, almost like when a stick shift switches gears but I have an automatic 2012 Hyundai Sonata

My car keeps on hiccuping when I accelerate and even sometimes when I brake. It gets more noticeable the less gas I have in the car and my check engine light goes on and off. I took it to auto zone so they could do the check engine diagnostics and they said everything was fine.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first possibility that comes to mind is the air intake sensors. Start by making sure idle air control valve, throttle, and EGR systems are all working well. These types of components can be cleaned, but your vehicle is new enough to where you may have an issue with one of these components. You may also be correct in that the transmission is to blame. A hydraulic issue in an automatic can cause loss of power and jerking. Have your transmission fluid pan dropped, so you can check the fluid for signs of issues, debris, and check the bottom of the transmission. For more help with these and any further inspections they may lead to, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My car keeps jerking, almost like when a stick shift switches gears but I have an automatic 2012 Hyundai Sonata