Q: Rattle near front passenger side wheel

asked by on December 06, 2016

About 3000 miles ago I started noticing a faint rattle coming from the front passenger side of my car. Within the last week I have noticed it getting quite a bit louder and it seems to be coming from the front passenger side wheel well. It sounds like a metallic rattle, similar to the heat shield under the car coming loose, but I have checked that already and it seems fine.

Hi there:

When it comes to front end suspension ’noises’, a few things instantly come to mind, ranging from wheel bearings that are slowly wearing out (which progressively get louder as you’ve described), to brake rotors that are warped, brake pads wearing out or problems with the CV joints. Since there are so many different components that could cause this type of sound, the best thing to do is have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection; so they can pinpoint what’s going on with your Nissan Versa and recommend the right repairs.