Q: Brakes screech, car jerks and rattles during deceleration

Hi, I'm having several issues with my 2014 Kia. When I drive on wet roads and apply the brakes, they make this really loud screeching sound. There is also the rattling noise that seems to be coming from around the windshield. The car starts to move violently during deceleration at 30 mph and rattles. Why does my car jerk while I decelarate? How can I fix these issues? Thanks.

The noise from your brakes is most likely going to be the pad material getting wet and causing the noise. Changing to a high quality pad can fix this. The jerking on deceleration is in the transmission and may need to be replaced. If the problem happens only when you hit the brakes then it may be the rotors are warped. Have the dealer check it under your power train warranty. The rattle in the windshield area would need to be checked to see what is loose around the windshield. Have a mechanic check all the problems out and diagnose the car noise to determine what needs repair.

3. Brakes screech, car jerks and rattles during deceleration