Q: Hi Ben my mom has a Suzuki xl-7. Two days ago the car began to make a loud sound and when accelerating it doesn't go very fast

asked by on March 29, 2017

Two days ago while driving home, my mom's car strated making a loud noise (similar to a loud muffler). When attempting to accelerate , the car doesn't go very fast. What could be the problem?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. What you are describing is typically an indication a broken or cracked exhaust manifold or exhaust pipe downstream. The exhaust systems on cars, trucks and SUV’s are finely tuned to expel exhaust gases from the combustion chamber and convert toxic gases to cleaner gases in the catalytic converter. The exhaust system is rather large, so having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and completing a car is making a noise inspection will allow them to isolate the source of the loud noise and recommend the right repairs be completed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr