Q: How do I turn on and off the panic alarm?

How do I turn on and off the panic alarm?

The panic alarm is a security feature in your car. When the alarm is on, the horn will honk, the park lights will flash, and both the headlights and interior lights will illuminate. To turn on the panic alarm, simply press and hold the panic button on your key for at least one second, then release. There are three different ways to turn off the panic alarm.

1. Press the panic button on your key fob a second time.

2. Turn on your vehicle and start driving at a speed of at least 5 mph.

3. Wait approximately three minutes, at which point the panic alarm system will automatically turn off.

Tip

If you turn your ignition to “ACC” or “ON” when the panic alarm is on, then the interior lights will turn off. However, the headlights, park lights, and horn will continue their panic alarm procedures until you turn off the alarm.

3. How do I turn on and off the panic alarm?