Q: Have 2007 gmc sierra classic 5.3l 4x4 push brake panel and it pushes back but not all the time

asked by on July 10, 2017

When you push the brake padel. The padel want to push back but not all the time.

It sounds like you may have a problem with the brakes developing the proper hydraulic pressure. One of the most common causes of the brake pedal going to the floor is a loss of brake fluid. Generally, this is easy to detect due to the fact that there is usually brake fluid leaking on the ground underneath the vehicle. The brake booster is a mechanism that uses vacuum pressure to take the force being applied to the brake pedal and amplify it. If the booster is bad, then the full amount of force needed to activate the master cylinder and pressurize the brake fluid isn’t going to be there.

Another possible cause for this may be a failing master cylinder. The master cylinder is where the brake fluid is compressed creating the necessary hydraulic pressure the braking system needs in order for it to stop your vehicle. When the master cylinder fails, this may cause a loss of hydraulic pressure which will usually also cause the brake pedal to go to the floor. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your braking system.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr