Q: Engine cranks but won't start.

Car was running fine with no indication of problem. The next time I went to start the car, it would crank, but would not fire. No hesitation in starter. Freely turned over. But not even a sputter. I tried several more times over the next couple of days with the same result. I pulled and inspected all engine bay fuses. All were fine. Tried to restart again and same result. I disconnected vaccum line from Fuel pressure sensor to check for gas. There was none. Reconnected I then rented a fuel pressure tester from Autozone. I hooked up the gauge and turned ignition to "on" but did not try to start the car. No pressure registered, Not sure if that is normal or not. I then tried to start the car. It sputtered briefly and then started right up! Showing around 35 psi. Test drove and and it ran fine. So far it has continued to start without issue. Is it possible that just hooking up the gauge did something? Relieved pressure, airlock or something?? Or was it just a coincidence?

Hi there. There could have been a vapor lock in the fuel line, but also if fuel level is low, then the fuel pump will draw air when going up hill or starting and stopping fast. If the fuel pressure drops again and the pump is on, then the fuel pressure regulator could be failing. If you need further assistance with your fuel system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Engine cranks but won't start.