Q: Slight vibration after 65 mph 2012 Infiniti G37x

asked by on March 18, 2017

Just purchased a 2012 infinity g37x all wheel drive, little over 100k. Needed work, replaced rear differential, drive shaft, some rear suspension components, and replaced front wheel bearing at the advice of mechanic. Rides perfect up until 65 mph after that I feel a slight vibration or hum noise, I think feel it in the rotation of the wheels. Brakes fine, turns fine, and does not sway left or right. Front wheel bearing is aftermarket.

Thanks for your help

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - great problem description and summary of prior work! Next level of diagnostics awaits - if you feel the vibration primarily through your fingertips on the steering wheel, the problem is likely front wheel balance, or a worn CV joint on one of the front axles. If the vibration can be felt more acutely by lightly touching the gear shift lever, the vibration could be the rear driveshaft. After checking the others first, if the vibration is felt more directly through "seat-of-the-pants", it is wheel balance, most likely rear wheels. If the vibration is worse on a freeway on/off-ramp, check the wheels that are on the outside of the curve - one of them may have a slight bend or ding in the rim. For assistance, I recommend a vehicle vibration inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.