Q: My engine management light is flickering on when I accelerate and the car is jerking

asked by on October 25, 2016

Every time I accelerate my engine management light flickers on the dash and the car is jerking. Car has recently had a full service and didn't solve this.

Hey there. This may be an indication of a failing or dirty mass air flow sensor. This is a unit that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine. When this is dirty or not working properly, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel mixture to be injected into the engine causing this kind of surge you have described. To verify the problem, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to inspect the jerking problem and follow through with any needed repairs.