Q: I have a 1988 Chrysler Fifth Ave,everything under the hood was wet now it's been 3days and still won't start

asked by on February 11, 2018

The things under the hood got soaked,now the car won't start,3 days of the car not turning over,now the battery is completely drained,what do i do?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Excessive moisture and, worse, liquid water, all over the engine will cause electrical components to malfunction. The engine should be inspected to determine if it can be "dried out" and to determine which connectors and components need to be removed and dried. You can attempt to dry it by putting the car in a warm garage. Of course, then attempt to start it once you recharge the battery. To get the car running, if you want the required inspection and diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr