Q: Odd marks on rotors

Hello, last year, I bought new EBC brake pads and rotors online and had the parts installed by a mechanic. Everything was working fine until I started to notice rough patches around the rotors about two months ago. They're not uniform, nor do they appear circular throughout the rotors. I looked up possible reasons and I'm beginning to believe that my brakes are "scoring". It's showing up on all four rotors, but I haven't been experiencing any noise or vibrations when I brake. I hardly drive my car (probably 2-3 times a week) so I find it odd that I'm getting these markings. Can scoring on rotors appear in patches or do they normally have a circular characteristic? Thanks for your time!

Hello. This can happen for any number of reasons such as a small burr in the pad material or even a small piece of dirt or debris lodged in one of the rotors. If you are starting to notice changes in the performance of the brakes, you might want to have another expert inspect the brake system and advise you on any repairs that may be needed.

3. Odd marks on rotors