Q: Freeze plugs opened on a '98 Plymouth Grand Voyager

98 Plymouth Grand Voyager ran out of water for a while on a cool day and the freeze plugs opened. Is there an easy way to change the rear freeze plugs? If not, how much?

No, it’s not an easy job. A mechanic will need to run it on their computer to see what’s the issue. There is not much working room there, but a good mechanic has special tools and they know how to use them. We’ve got stuff like drilling little holes in the freeze plug, and can put in a fancy kind of a push screw. Then, with a pulling device, slide it back. So mechanics have learned a lot of tricks in their time to deal with this sort of thing. You may want to call on a technician from YourMechanic to have this done for you, they will be able to give you a quote for this.

3. Freeze plugs opened on a '98 Plymouth Grand Voyager