Q: Power tailgate is not working on my new car

I bought my car new a few weeks ago, and the power tailgate has been acting up. It doesn't open all the way, as if something was blocking it. Then it makes a loud beep and closes. After that open/close cycle, the power button doesn't respond for a bit. Does something need to be lubricated? What else could it be?

The dealer will have to inspect the door of binding. This will cause the door to reverse direction and then stop working as a safety precaution. If you want a second opinion on this, feel free to reach out to a professional mechanic who can diagnose the problem with your tailgate and repair it accordingly.