Q: What causes shaking in 2nd gear when I accelerate

asked by on March 19, 2017

I recently replaced my struts and shocks,lower and upper control arms on my 2007 dodge caliber. It's a manual shift, now when I go from 1st to 2nd and accelerate it vibrates in 2nd gear. Can you please tell me what the problem may be?

Hi There, It sounds like something may be loose when the reinstallation happened resulting in the vibration as the torque of the engine is transferred to the suspension when shifting to second gear. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing this.