Q: My car will not stay started after installing a new alternator

I got a new alternator for my car put a used battery in. I have my neighbor give me a job. After my neighbor took the jumper cables off my car will not stay started

Hello. You will want to check that the alternator installed has the right amperage output for your vehicle. Some vehicles take two or maybe three different types of alternators and the one that was installed may not have sufficient power output. Also you want to check your alternator fuse/relay, which not all vehicles have but you did not specify which vehicle you have. If the fuse turns out to be good or you do not have a fuse you may have a bad connection between your alternator and your battery so the wiring will have to be checked. There’s also a chance the alternator which was installed is bad. I have seen on occasions a brand new alternator end up being bad or either go bad shortly after installation. Keep in mind, if you need assistance with your vehicle our mobile mechanics specialize in such diagnosis.

3. My car will not stay started after installing a new alternator