Q: Grinding noise in the left wheel well on the front of the car

The left wheel well on the front of the car was making grinding sounds, so I had the front pads and rotors replaced. Also, there was a gouge-looking band around the rotor, which I later figured out was caused by tensioning clips on the caliper bracket. I concluded that both the grinding and the rotor gouge were caused by a bent flap on the tensioner clip, so I had it replaced as well. After driving the car, I've noticed that there was still some noise but I checked the new rotor and it started to develop the same wear on it. What might cause this to happen again?

A: This is tough to tell without taking the wh...

This is tough to tell without taking the wheels off and inspecting the rotors up close. You may want to check the pads and rotors for any debris lodged in them which may be rubbing against the rotors. If you need help having this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the grinding noise and determine what needs repair.