What is the vehicle stability assist? stability control ...

Q: What is the vehicle stability assist?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What is the vehicle stability assist?

Your car has a stability assist system built into it (VSA). You might be more familiar with this as “electronic stability control,” but they both refer to the same thing.

• The VSA is a system designed to enhance stability and traction on the road. It can be turned on or off manually.

• The VSA can control some aspects of both engine operation and brake performance. It’s engaged during tight turns where there’s a loss of handling or traction. When the system initiates, the VSA light in your dash will come on. It also comes on if you have low pressure in a tire. If it stays on, it may mean that the system needs to be inspected.

• The VSA Off light indicates that the system has been manually turned off.