Q: My car cranks but will not start. I try to do fix the car myself. I put new battery, new alternator, and new ignition coils.

My car is a 1995 Ford Taurus.It cranks but will not jump start.I try to do it my self.Then, I put new battery,new alternator,and new ignition coil for V 6 ,but did not change the spark plugs.Still, wont start save cranking up? Any clue what might be the problem?

Hi there. Check the spark plugs and see if they are worn or burned. If the plugs are good and they have a good spark, then the engine compression could be low causing a no start situation. If the spark plugs are not emitting a spark, then the crankshaft position sensor could have failed or disconnected. Check the crankshaft position sensor wiring harness and make sure that its plugged in. Check the sensor and make sure that its not broken or damaged. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My car cranks but will not start. I try to do fix the car myself. I put new battery, new alternator, and new ignition coils.