Q: Clunking noise from steering - 2006 Ford Focus

When you turn car to your right car makes Clunking noise seems worse when cold nothing feels loose .

This sounds like a worn or failing CV joint. All front-wheel drive cars have constant velocity joints or CV joints on both ends of the drive shafts (half shafts). Inner CV joints connect the drive shafts to the transmission while the outer CV joints connect the drive shafts to the wheels. Many rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive cars and trucks also have CV joints.

The CV joints are needed to transfer the torque from the transmission to the drive wheels at a constant speed while accommodating the up-and-down motion of the suspension. When the CV joints begin to wear out or fail, you may hear a clicking or popping sound. This will become more noticeable when turning the wheels to the left or right as well. I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to inspect your CV joints and determine the best course of action going forward.