Q: Q: Transmission?

The car drives fine no problems that I could hear but as I'm driving my check engine light would come on when my gear didnt want to shift into 3rd.

Hello. Thanks for your question about your Check Engine Light (CEL) illuminating for what appears to be a transmission issue. There are both electronic and hydraulic controls in your transmission that control shifting. The electronic controls use sensor inputs and the hydraulic components rely on valves (in the transmission valve body), pistons, and the pressure of the transmission fluid to control shifting. If the shift(s) are not smooth, are delayed, or just don’t occur, there could be an issue with these "controls" or there could be a mechanical issue such as a failed part, such as an internal piston.

A certified technician from YourMechanic would use a hand-held diagnostic tool to retrieve the Codes that were saved when the CEL turned on. The codes will identify the component(s) or system that should be tested. Although the codes don’t necessarily identify the exact failure (or part), they will get the Mechanic close enough to do the testing on the right components which most likely are causing the problem. A Check Engine Light diagnostic can be scheduled at your convenience, at yor home, office, or elsewhere, and once the diagnosis is complete the Mechanic would be able to identify for you the needed repairs and the cost.

3. Q: Transmission?