Q: getting heated fastly and smoke is coming out can i drive with this problem for 30 miles by pouring water

need to take my vechile to mechanic which is having overheating problem.but last night when i was driving i noticed smoke coming out of the hood but engine temperature is normal.so can i drive with this problem for 30 miles to the mechanics place

A: If you are having an overheating problem an...

If you are having an overheating problem and have leaks, then I suggest you have a mobile mechanic come to you or have a tow truck transfer the car. If you try and drive it, you may overheat the engine and do engine damage like a blown head gasket, or even worse, a cracked head. If this kind of damage has occurred, this would potentially cost thousands to fix and is why I advise against driving it. If you need help, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the overheating issue and determine what needs to be done.