Q: getting heated fastly and smoke is coming out can i drive with this problem for 30 miles by pouring water

asked by on July 20, 2016

need to take my vechile to mechanic which is having overheating problem.but last night when i was driving i noticed smoke coming out of the hood but engine temperature is normal.so can i drive with this problem for 30 miles to the mechanics place

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If you are having an overheating problem and have leaks, then I suggest you have a mobile mechanic come to you or have a tow truck transfer the car. If you try and drive it, you may overheat the engine and do engine damage like a blown head gasket, or even worse, a cracked head. If this kind of damage has occurred, this would potentially cost thousands to fix and is why I advise against driving it. If you need help, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the overheating issue and determine what needs to be done.