Q: Shakes when going on higher speeds

When you are going faster than 65 MPH the steering wheel begins to shake a little. The car has a salvaged title and some parts have been replaced, such as : lower control arm, tie rods, tires and rims. What could the problem be? It does not shake when the brake pedal is engaged. Thanks

A: First, I want to say thank you for providin...

First, I want to say thank you for providing the great amount of information regarding your Acura. From the information provided, I believe the concern you are experiencing with your TL is caused by the the front tires being out of balance. Tires that are not balanced properly will make the steering wheel shake at certain higher speeds. In this case around 65 mph.

Pressing down on the brake pedal applies pressure to the wheel, allowing it to slow down enough to where the vibrations you are experiencing seem to disappear. The next best approach I would recommend taking for your Acura TL is to take it to a tire shop and ask them to check the balance on all four of your tires. Chances are the front two are out of balance. This should correct your concern quickly and get you safely on the road. You can also have an inspection from a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, if you'd like to have a proper diagnosis before moving forward with any repairs.