Q: How do you change the default pairing code for the HandsFreeLink system?

How do you change the default pairing code for the HandsFreeLink system?

The HandsFreeLink® (HFL) system on your car gives you the ability to make and take calls through the car’s voice command system and audio system. To secure the connection to your phone, a pairing code is provided when you first get the two together. The default code is 0000, but you can change that easily if you want a little more security. Here’s how:

1. Press the phone button.

2. Use the center knob to highlight phone setup.

3. Press the button on the knob.

4. Choose connection and press the button.

5. Choose pairing code and press the button.

6. Choose fixed or random and then press the button. If you choose “fixed”, enter the code you want after deleting the old code.

3. How do you change the default pairing code for the HandsFreeLink system?