Q: Alarm for oil change keeps going off - 2009 Dodge Sprinter 3500

asked by on September 28, 2016

Several days ago, the oil change alarm went off. I had the oil replaced right away. I cleared it with a Modis scanner but the alarm keeps going off. It's very annoying and I don't know what to do to make it stop going off. The car has 85,000 miles and was previously owned. Do you have any suggestion?

Hold the trip reset for ten seconds to clear it. This should clear it. Otherwise, try holding the trip reset and turn on the key and hold it until the oil indicator goes out. If the problem is not going away, you may need to have a technician inspect the Oil Light to determine if there is a problem with the electric circuit or if their is another issue that can may be causing the problem.