Q: Air bag warning light flashes

asked by on June 07, 2016

There seems to be an issue with the air bag system in my car. For no apparent reason, the dashboard shows the air bag warning light flashes. Why is this happening? Is it safe to drive the car? Thank you.

Hello. When the airbag system warning light flashes and stays on, it means that an airbag system component has failed. When this happens the airbag system will become disabled and the airbags will not deploy if the car is in an accident. It is considered unsafe to drive the vehicle when the airbag system isn’t working properly. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete a diagnosis to determine why your airbag light is on.