Q: During acceleration, the car behaves as if the brakes are being applied.

A few days ago, I got the battery changed for my car, and while I was leaving the parking lot, I noticed that my car took a brake. I took my foot off, thinking I had accidentally stepped on the brake but it was on the gas. It acted as if the brakes were being applied, but the engine itself made this happen.

This is a known problem with this vehicle related to a faulty brake master cylinder. The symptoms are very similar to what you are describing in that the brakes will feel as if they are being applied when the car is accelerating. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the issue with your breaks to confirm that this is the issue and have it replaced.

3. During acceleration, the car behaves as if the brakes are being applied.